Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have not posted alot of threads on here, but I'm on here all the time for information and entertainment. I just go my V2K last August and have put about 5000 smiles on it since. I will be completeing my first big trip (3 days) next month, down to Pensacola FL. Ill be leaving from Virginia heading down to Deals Gap,Tennessee to meet up with my brother and ride the Dragons Tail. Then we are heading to Pensacola, then over to Jacksonville and back up to Myrtle,SC to spend the next week at the beach. Hopefully I'll get alot of good pics and do a write up of the trip on here.

What I have done to the bike thus far:

First thing I did was tag relocation bracket from Show Chrome. It was simple and easy to install really cleaned up the rear end. I ended up getting lighted tag bolts with white lights on the tag and red rear facing ones that I tied into the brake lights.

The bike came with sissy bar and saddle bags but I wanted more room and instead of mounting the bag to the back seat I wanted to leave that space open as well. So I spend a few weeks looking for luggage racks to fit my bike. Everyone I found was way more expensive than I wanted to pay for, so I simply made my own rack. Im out about $25.00 total but I have a competely functional rack. Also since I had added the tag relocation kit I decided to mount my luggage rack to the bottom on the sissy bar mounts rather than the top so when I mount my bag to it, it should sit level with the top of the back pad rather than sit high above it.

Next I was time for me to pick my Touring bag. My bike came with the studded Mustang seat and also studded saddle bags. I was looking at the Mustang Studded Journey bag but could not justify spending the $170 for it. So i found a good deal on the Kuryakyn Ultra Tour bag, no studs but i got it for under $100 shipped.

So hopefully I am all set up and just counting down the days til I head out.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its getting close. Hopefully get that one wore down good just before the trip and replace it before I go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts