Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been researching what my next bike will be and have a few questions regarding the Vacquero. I currently have a 1600 Vulcan and I love her, she’s a beast. But eventually I will be moving on from it. I’ve always wanted a Harley or Indian. Love the looks of them but hate the price.

So I finally told myself, it will be Kawasaki. For all the right reasons, $, dependable etc...

I love the Vacquero! However, I do enjoy having my wife along on some rides. I know the Vacquero has a small rear seat as it’s meant for single riders. My question is this, is there a trunk option for longer two up rides that I could equip a Vacquero with? Something easily removed when needed? I appreciate any suggestions/answers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey yeah get a Voyager. With a little mechanical skill and research you can modify the trunk mount brackets reposition the antenna and cut the side trunk chrome trim in half so the trunk is quickly removed giving the appearance of a Vaquero and put it back on for the convenience of a Voyager. Look on youtube for videos

·
Registered
154 Posts
A fellow on one of the Voyager FB pages posted video and instructions that are in the Files documenting his making the Voyager trunk detachable. Several on the page have used it to mod theirs. Def agree start with the Voyager is you are going to 2 up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you ! Love the look of the Vacquero in the pic attached. I like the voyager but I like the styling or paint schemes on the Vacquero much more. Appreciate everyone’s input.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thank you ! Love the look of the Vacquero in the pic attached. I like the voyager but I like the styling or paint schemes on the Vacquero much more. Appreciate everyone’s input.
The wife hated the Vaquero passenger saddle, so we got the Voyager.
For faster rides a ZX14 with a passenger handle keeps her happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The wife hated the Vaquero passenger saddle, so we got the Voyager.
For faster rides a ZX14 with a passenger handle keeps her happy.
Yeah, the passenger seat on the Vaquero is nearly useless. But I knew that before I bought it. Having owned a 900 Custom, I recognized the issue and ordered the Mustang the same day I bought the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts