Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up a HD Tour Pack since they seem to be the largest and most affordable for its size as well. Just need some Kawi Lime Green paint and a mount and I'll be ready to go. In case others are interested I'll post pics and info as I go. Here are the pics of it today:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wompus Rack

Here is the Wompus Rack I purchased to mount the Tour Pack to my Vulcan:

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I did the exact same thing!

I'm a firm believer that the Harley Tour Pak is, bar none, the best top case for a 900. Besides being the biggest, it matches hard saddlebags now (you definitely want to add those next! Bike looks goofy without them, mine ran that way for a few weeks!), there are tons of accessories for them (luggage racks, lights, organizers, even coolers that fit snugly inside), and you can get replacement parts!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2013
207 Posts
Been looking for a trunk with a cushy back rest for my wife for the long rides when she leaves her bike at home we ride together. How much do you think you'll have invested in the whole thing once it is painted and mounted?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$400 for Tour Pack
$220 for Wompus Rack
$350 for Professional Paint Job to match 08 Lime Green

·
BOTM Winner, May 2013
207 Posts
$400 for Tour Pack
$220 for Wompus Rack
$350 for Professional Paint Job to match 08 Lime Green
Thanks. I may try one of the less expensive ones that are similar, or maybe a Mutazu like my hard bags to keep the cost down. I'm trying to decide on a repaint and the black finish will do for now.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2013
207 Posts
Looks good. I've seen a few on Ebay this evening going for quite a bit less. The old sayings "too good to be true" and "you get what you pay for" from my elders are ringing in my ears though. Here's one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-NEW-TOUR-TRUNK-PACK-ELECTRA-GLIDE-ROAD-KING-HARLEY-motorcycle-Free-Liner-bag-/321048098298?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abff535fa&vxp=mtr#ht_10848wt_1662

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased a cheaper one and didn't like it because it was too small.

If I would have been able to find a black one for a reasonable price I might not have to paint it, since i couldn't I'm kinda stuck with a paint job.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts