Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
31 pounds for the entire assembly. Just did the quick removal mod. Next thing on the cold weather list is a easy cover for the gap left in the chrome...

·
Registered
4 Posts
That ought to help it not be so top heavy. I hated my Voyager for that reason. Traded for a Nomad with 3 thousand miles on it and am a happy camper. Except for the fact that my lower back is still screwed up from picking up that top heavy Voyager.

Meltdown
VROC #7860
2013 Nomad, not ghost flamed yet
Elephant Butte, NM

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've never found the Voyager top heavy, quite the reverse - it's way more nimble than the Nomad I had before it. I think the feel of a bike has a lot more to do with the tires than anything else, and a wider tire (my Voyager has a 180) helps it balance and handle much better.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

For riders of heavy bikes, having a low center of gravity makes the machine feel lighter and requires less muscle to reliably support at stoplights or during parking maneuvers. The lower most of the weight is located, the less it moves off-center for a given angle of tilt, and the less it feels as if it might get away from you if it tips too much. You feel this apparent lightness by standing over the bike and rocking it from side to side; the lower the CG, the more manageable the bike’s weight feels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've never found the Voyager top heavy, quite the reverse - it's way more nimble than the Nomad I had before it. I think the feel of a bike has a lot more to do with the tires than anything else, and a wider tire (my Voyager has a 180) helps it balance and handle much better.
Could be that Peg. I didn't make note of the tire size before I got rid of it.

All I know is that within 3 weeks I dropped the bike at zero mph 4 different times. And I never dropped a bike before in 54 years of riding. And, once it was down, it was nearly impossible to pick up. I did some real damage to my lower back standing the Voyager back up.

Meltdown
VROC # 7860
Elephant Butte, NM
2013 Nomad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts