Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a Fi2000r on my 09 Custom along with the secondary butterfly removal...having a hard time making the next decision

Intake or Pipes?

Intake:
BAK

Pipes
Road Burner or Hard Krome

I can only do one...gotta keep the Mrs. happy...

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Either way you need both to gain much from either. Air in needs air out and vice versa, but I'd go for the pipes. I did a stage 3 debaffle on my stockers and love it. The stock pipes are so corked up. I haven't had the $ for an intake either, I pulled the butterflies and put in a K&N filter. The K&N is definitely better than the stock paper filter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either way you need both to gain much from either. Air in needs air out and vice versa, but I'd go for the pipes. I did a stage 3 debaffle on my stockers and love it. The stock pipes are so corked up. I haven't had the $ for an intake either, I pulled the butterflies and put in a K&N filter. The K&N is definitely better than the stock paper filter.
I have the stage three debaffle too...will aftermarket pipes really open it up vs. Full stock debaffle?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ive never ridden one w aftermarket pipes. My debaffle is a custom job. I cut the pipes open and removed EVERYTHING accept the catalytics ( left em for backpressure) I wasn't aware you were debaffled, hearing that I guess I would do an intake. Im sure that would gain you more power with an intake than aftermarket pipes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts