Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Kawasaki Voyager w/ Candy Cardinal Red paint color.
Anyone had luck finding a close match with a touch-up pen or something?

I've tried Dr. ColorChip but they don't list Kawasaki motorcycles. ColorRite shows the color as needing a top and a base mixed together. Don't know if they will produce a tiny quantity of paint for that type of color. Guess I can reach out to them; thought maybe somebody had ran into this as well.

Put a couple chips in my gas tank today. :( That first ding in a new bike is a real bitxx!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would like to follow this one since I also have a 2018. 2 chips in the tank and one on the front fender. I feel your pain!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Colorite is a perfect match what they mean by the different layers of paint is some colors require a different color primer , than the color layer than clear coat .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered the base (not primer), color coat, and high gloss clear. Ordered the base and color coat touch up pens, and the small touch up jar for the high gloss clear.

Total bill came out to $50 with shipping.

Thanks for the resource!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I had the same problem. This color requires a silver base coat, translucent color and then a clear coat. I'll be taking off a glovebox door and taking it around to see if I can find a 1 step color that's close enough for small nicks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey sorry guys I meant to add this in there if it is a candy apple blue or red you do need a color under it ,,I didn’t kawasaki started doing candy apple colors that does make touch up a little more interesting

·
Registered
9 Posts
2018 Kawasaki Voyager w/ Candy Cardinal Red paint color.
Anyone had luck finding a close match with a touch-up pen or something?

I've tried Dr. ColorChip but they don't list Kawasaki motorcycles. ColorRite shows the color as needing a top and a base mixed together. Don't know if they will produce a tiny quantity of paint for that type of color. Guess I can reach out to them; thought maybe somebody had ran into this as well.

Put a couple chips in my gas tank today. :( That first ding in a new bike is a real bitxx!!!
Try ColoRite.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered the base (not primer), color coat, and high gloss clear. Ordered the base and color coat touch up pens, and the small touch up jar for the high gloss clear.

Total bill came out to $50 with shipping.

Thanks for the resource!
Let me know how that worked for you, Romeric! Thanks!
I should have looked at ColorRite's website a little closer. I just seen it was a 3-coat product and quit looking after that!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will do! I'm going to have a buddy help me out as he is a auto detailer, but I will let you know. Truth be told, I wouldn't have any issue borrowing the paints to you. No need to have everyone buy a set, right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is way above and beyond the call of duty. :)

But yes that would be great. I almost ordered the stuff this evening- glad you responded!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Might just have to meet up in Lacrosse. I'm in St Paul, and have always wanted to make a run down the river to Lacrosse. Looks to be about halfway to you. Of course the mail would work too, but I always like an excuse to ride!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sounds like a road trip!!! (y)
know I am a little late to this party,had some chips on my tank and my face due to some ahole flyin past me during road const.kicked up some stone,Ordered some COLORRITE MATCHED KAWI PAINT,WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE.Called them and response I got was 'that is the code we have'.threw it in the trash,Went to dupont dealer and they matched it perfectly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow that's interesting. The DuPont dealer was able to give you a small quantity, then? Like a touch-up pen, etc.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Wow that's interesting. The DuPont dealer was able to give you a small quantity, then? Like a touch-up pen, etc.
Yea ,I got a little can from them,took the nomad there,matched w a swatch Have the titanium color on my tank,hope this helps, spent like 18 bucks

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I have a 2012 Voyager that is white, (artic frost?), and gold (biege). Ordered the touchup paint for the white, its a 3 stage paint, base, top, and clear. The white, base color, is really white compared to the factory paint. Thats ok since it needs a top color, its a silver color. With this, the touchup really looks silver instead of matching the factory paint. The candies and 3 stage paints are really hard to match I understand. Had a BMW painter, auto dealership painter, told me there system gives 10 different formulas for the same 3 stage paint code and he uses the one that closet matches the factory paint on each vehicle he works on. The gold on my bike is a 2 stage, color and clear the white is a 3 stage, base, top, and clear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts