Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone
I am riding with my wife in July and we don't want to drone down there on the interstate highway,
But nicer roads and little towns...taking our time.
Any suggested routes and advice are greatly appreciated
Thanks alot

·
Registered
507 Posts
Down through buffalo, then to rochester. I would go across the 104 east out of Rochester, then down through the finger lakes. From here go south to the 17. Take this a short way across to Hancock. Pick up number 97 south. Awesome road. I believe it ends near port Jervis?? But from here, NYC is not far.

NY state has amazing roads!!
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi CustonRider, 97 takes you to Owego were you pick up 17 to Harriman Central Valley area before that 17 becomes 17 and 6 at exit 130a you stay on 6 to Palisades Pky south to George washington Bridge after exit 2 0n P Pky look for Sunoco gas before bridge best and last place to full up on cheaper N J gas and you get to NYC with full tank. In NYC area express ways are truck routes park ways are for cars and bikes are able to be in HOV lanes any time. have safe trip. At that 130a aera it may say Bear mt or Long mt road or Palisades state park or just 6 but when you are on it you will come to a round about thats were you get P Pky south to NYC not as bad as it sounds it is just a place were you slow down and look like all merges. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts