Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm seriously looking to get the Tornado air kit. It would be the last of the big three. i mines as well go for it. Any advice ? Does it come complete? Easy to install? curious what happens to the left side ?

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
It fits the Vaquero just fine, on the Voyager, you may have to cut the neck a little shorter so the filter does not hit your lower fairing. I heard this from several Voyager owners.

You also buy the plate to replace the factory air box on the left side.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you Roadie, is the left side plate optional ? I was thinking to take it all out and let more air in between the jugs. :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thank you Roadie, is the left side plate optional ? I was thinking to take it all out and let more air in between the jugs. :)
I was gonna do that but decided that it was ugly looking and threw back on the emty box.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was gonna do that but decided that it was ugly looking and threw back on the emty box.
I guess i'll do the same. I just hope purchasing this is worth it.. how much do you like yours? my garage is becoming a wharehouse of oem parts.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
The plate that replaces the left airbox is optional.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I guess i'll do the same. I just hope purchasing this is worth it.. how much do you like yours? my garage is becoming a wharehouse of oem parts.
Yeah My garage too, thinking about trying to sell some of it. Here's a helpful hint for the install, in the kit it's gonna have a black piece you might wonder where the hell does this go. It goes behind the breather tube and covers the electrical wiring. Might wanna install the before the tube, you can still install it after the tube "LIKE I DID" but it would make it easier. Another thing is that the two screws you have to take out to install the electrical cove are the newer torque bit screws and you'll need a bit with the hole in the center of the bit

Did you order the throttle body gasket also? Worth doing while you have it tore apart.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi and thanks for the heads up. I installed the gasket last year (no diffrence in popping) just curious what bit you'r talking about.. oh well theres a hardware store near by if i need it.. im looking foward to it.. is there a big diffrence once this is installed?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The plate that replaces the left airbox is optional.
Thanx Roadie, I ordered the kit, but didnt order the plate..i might later if i dont like the look of the left side. Im suprised someone dont have chrome covers for the original air boxes.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Thanx Roadie, I ordered the kit, but didnt order the plate..i might later if i dont like the look of the left side. Im suprised someone dont have chrome covers for the original air boxes.
The chrome covers off the voyager/nomad/classic air boxes will fit the vaquero.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx ray If i decide to keep the left box on i will order the chrome cover, i didnt think of it ..thats how i got my chrome tank cover, suggested by you. Looks reallly nice with my Black Vaquero. thanx again.. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When i take the leftside air box out, What do i do to the breather hose connected to the left box? Does it have a filter? :confused:

·
Registered
701 Posts
The tornado kit comes with a filter to install on that hose. I'm not sure if you bought the kit yet, but if you go to the thunder website you can see what is included with the kit. It works well and is easy to install.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Captj , i did order it and its taking forever to ship.. almost 2 weeks..

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks Captj , i did order it and its taking forever to ship.. almost 2 weeks..
The whole thing is pretty easy to install from the direction except for the electrical cover, for me the directions weren't to clear. That hose and little chrome breather they send you attaches behind the left box to the front jug and you have to stuff the breather up under the tank, that I think sucks. I wanna get a longer hose and run thru the jugs and find a bracket that I can attach it under the tornado breather in that open space between the jugs. I think it's a pretty cool looking breather, why stuff it under the tank where it can't be seen.

Dam...not to rub it in but I had mine in about a week.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hi and thanks for the heads up. I installed the gasket last year (no diffrence in popping) just curious what bit you'r talking about.. oh well theres a hardware store near by if i need it.. im looking foward to it.. is there a big diffrence once this is installed?
He is talking about security Torx bits. This type of fastener is usually used in public places to keep idiots from messing with stuff. The only reason I can think of to put them on a bike is so someones brother in law can make money off you buying a tool most people don't have. Here is what they look like
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Torx-Driver-Security-T-10-T-40/dp/B0002SPLQ8[/ame] Not every Hardware store is going to have them in stock either.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any idiea of what size i need? hate to buy more than one set , only to use once

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thankyou Tinker i'll be looking for them. or just order them online..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts