Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a top end rebuild kit for a 98 vn1500e classic. Getting blow by into the crankcase at higher rpm causing oil to be blown out the breather tube. At idle it's perfectly fine. Rev it and oil shoots out. It's not overfilled. I already know about that and drained it to test that. The only thing i can come up with is the rings are bad allowing pressure into the crankcase when the rpm's start to raise up. For the life of me i cannot find a top end rebuild kit for it. Gaskets and rings is all i need. Anyone care to help point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance for any info you can provide on that or help to determine if my suspicions are correct for the problem im having.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
There are no rebuild kits for these engines. Parts must be purchased individually, and they are expensive. I will attach a link to where I get most of my parts. The crankcases on these engines do have a lot of internal pressure. So before you dive in and spend a lot of time, energy, & money, I suggest you do a cylinder leak down test to verify you have a ring problem.
https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/c/kawasaki_motorcycle/parts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll start looking into a leak down test. I do want to try everything before i have to tear down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts