Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me if the 900's came with a factory tool kit and if it did, what was in it?

thanks,
truckie453

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yeah, they did... the usual stuff: screwdriver, wrenches; there is a special wrench for the shock.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
It comes with the usual cheap screw drivers and wrenches and the useless shock wrenches.
Useless? Hrrrmm... I used mine with no problems at all. Not even the usual complaint of bruised knuckles! Of course, I searched these lovely forums for tips first, but other than that, mine have worked as expected! From the factory 4 to Max, then back down a notch.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, I'll have to check to see if my used custom comes with one when I pick it up.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The shock wrench is the only thing I thought was useful. Since I have an LT and saddle bags I removed the tools from the under seat location, bought a zippered pouch at Walmart and added tools from same location. Allen wrenches (metric and SAE-I found when I stop for our American Motor Brethren that metric doesn't do em any good) metric wrenches, medium size crescent for our Brethren, T-handles, pliers and waterpump pliers. When I go out on the road I put my socket set in the trailer. Probably put the wood floor jack in there too. Doesn't take much room and will put your bike in a three point stance in no time.

Trailers, they're a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The shock wrenches would be much better of they were offset and a bit longer. There isn't a straight shot to the shock and spanner wrenches aren't made to work at an angle. Also, even with the bike off the ground the load on the castle at the top of the shock bent inward when trying to adjust the shock. Now and it's really a pain to adjust. I bought a tool bag and carry real tools for trips...except I need to improve the shock wrench.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hrm, mine didnt come with any. when i asked about this when i picked the bike up, they said the customs didnt come with the tool kit.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Thinking out loud.
I wonder if the kit has one of those JIS screw drivers everyone is talking about. Don't make me go take my seat off.....

·
Registered
976 Posts
hrm, mine didnt come with any. when i asked about this when i picked the bike up, they said the customs didnt come with the tool kit.
Ya, I don't know what a dealer is doing with the kit, but it can't be three bucks of pot metal in a bag there. Why they'd pull it and say 'Hey, here's the tools option' I don't know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
B.S. It's under the seat, above the battery, under a plastic cover that says "TOOL".
Thanks for pointing that out...im well aware of where the Tools are SUPPOSED to be. I keep my own little tools in there. Im telling you that MY dealer told me the customs didnt come with kawasakis tool kit. yes, i probably got screwed there a little bit in that aspect. BUT, im telling you what MY experience was with the situation.

·
Registered
279 Posts
One would think if it has a box marked "tools" it would have tools. What does the Custom owners manual say about tools ?

The Custom parts list at kawasaki.com shows tools pn 56007-0083, and they are not listed as accessories..

·
Registered
243 Posts
I wonder how much they will sell them for? :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts