Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Picked up my 2010 900 LT (new from dealer) about 2 weeks ago and looked at the tool kit for the first time today, I don't seem to have the all important spark plug wrench. Can someone else with a 2010 verify the kit contents before I call the dealer to try to get a replacement?
thanks all
Doug

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
LOL I got 2 with my custom but no screwdriver handle.

Me thinks the tool guy on the production has been drinking way too much.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My 2008 Classic came with a tool kit.

One can increase the quality of the included tools, by visiting the Dollar Store.

As such, not getting one, is not a loss.

IF you have one, you must agree that the supplied tools are not capable of getting the fuel tank off. Therefore, a spark plug wrench is not that valuable.

I do suggest a phillips screw driver and flash light. In case you blow a fuse at night. Been there, done that, not fun driving the woods of NH by the light of my blinkers....

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i didn't get a tool kit with my lt called the dealer a day later and said they don't come with em. grrr
I got an 09, mine had one, in 30 years of riding and buying bikes I have always got one, eveh on my ct70. Sounds like BS to me. Hell, there's a compartment for it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
1- They are supposed to come with a tool kit (and that includes a spark plug wrench).

2- If you didn't get one when buying a new bike, I would make the dealer give you one. (just for the principle of it)

3- The only tools worth actually using are the spanners for adjusting the shock stiffness.

4- You can go to Harbor Freight and for $20 or so, make a really nice little kit that will really save your arse in a pinch. I bought a little leather roll bag for $20 also and have my kit sitting on the handle bars.

5- Two things to make sure you have in a kit you make are a flashlight and some Japanese JIS phillips screw drivers. Walmart has a little LED pen light that is great for your kit. And the JIS screw drivers will save you from screwing up the head on the little screws holding the coil & battery covers on. They also tend to stop all that cussing that follows a bodged up screw. If you search the words "Japanese Screwdriver" on this forum, you will see an old thread of mine with links where you can get these screwdrivers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tool kit update

Hey, Just wanted to post an update on the tool kit situation. I was missing the spark plug wrench, pliers and screwdriver from the tool kit on my new 2010 LT. I called Kawasaki customer service and they sent out the missing tools with no questions asked. Awesome customer service.
Doug

·
Registered
34 Posts
Torch sounds like a good idea, and some of those zip ties are useful too. I used to carry bits and bobs like that in one of those leather tool rolls on the front forks of my Dyna when I had it. Also had some rope, tie-downs, a multi-purpose tool, and some of that stuff you repair punctures with.
I've not yet looked at the contents of mine, but I'm guessing the quality of the contents is not top notch. :(

Andy :cool:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I also have 09 classic LT, Bought it brand new right off the floor and it had one. i didn't realize one came with it till i was i installing a battery tender and came across it.
My 09 classic LT did not come with one either. Got the same answer that VicFlo received from his stealership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts