Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I gave my 900 to the wife last year ,Bought a Nomad .
Had to go for a quick trip to the parts store tonight ,I forgot how much I like the 9! Handles good ,seat is crap tho. now I kinda miss that bike ,around town atleast. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm liking mine more each day too! Needs a 6th gear though.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Seat can be fixed easy. I'm one that doesn't think it needs a sixth gear. Of course I'm fine riding at 70 mph. I don't need to go faster and I avoid the slab as much as possible.

Bike just does everything really well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
yeah, when I sold mine I had the vaquero for a couple weeks. I sat on the 9 to load her up on trailer... it sure felt comfortable.. but I did have a saddlemen gel seat.. but it felt like old times!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea , The reason I bought the Nomad was for better hiway cruising .But the 900 is nice for short trips and around town

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Loved my 900. The gearing thing wasn't the end of the world. It didn't need a "6th gear" it just needed a lower final ratio. But it was bearable.

The stock seat sucks on my Vaq too. The Mustang seat I had on my 900 was an excellent solution in the meantime. An Airhawk is a good solution in the meantime. I've just resolved that an aftermarket seat is par for the course for a motorcycle.

It had it's limits but I had no problems on long trips with my 900. I absolutely loved that bike. Really, I don't think there's another bike that touches it in the mid-sized cruiser segment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts