·
Registered
68 Posts
heh you walked away

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah could have been much worse, town police chief got nailed at the same spot recently... Bike got knocked out from under him.

·
Registered
747 Posts
If you ever thought about changing the fender to aftermarket now would be the time.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Hate that happened to the bike, but glad you walked away.

If you ever thought about changing the fender to aftermarket now would be the time.
This is very true. Based on the cost of an aftermarket fender vs stock fender from MawKaw, in some cases the aftermarket might be less expensive. If you put a new stock fender back on it'll most likely have to be painted anyway to match any fading that may have occured on your remaining current painted pieces, so no added cost there. Besides the other person's insurance should pay for any and all repairs needed and by going aftermarket, you might even get a little extra coin in the wallet since the parts may (and most likely) will be less expensive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly I never even considered swapping it out for something aftermarket, I just figured I'd get it returned to stock and then at some point down the line install some of that reactive armor they put on tanks below the rear tail light... :) Any good place to look at my options? Bike isn't going to the shop till Wednesday so I have a bit of time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
rofl at the reactive armor, that would be awesome.

Glad no injuries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts