Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i would like to know is the toe shifter adjustable what i mean is that i have a problem with what kind of shoes i can wear while riding , can i move it lettle bet higher so i can stuff my shoes lettle bet further ? because some times i can't completly shift the gear , it may sound weird but i don't want to try somthing and then regret it ,i know some people will say " That's why it's called a toe shifter " but has someone ever tried to adjust it lettle bet higher ?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hey .....Yes is adjustable.......remove the bolt from it.....pull the shifter off the shaft....is a splined shaft....if floor boards in way u may have 2 remove....adjust 2 where u want it.........tighten back up and is good 2 go.......:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Take some liquid white out and make a mark on the shifter and the shaft before you remove the shifter. That way you can tell that you have actually made an adjustment and how much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have size 15 feet so it's always a challenge with shifters. It is indeed adjustable.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey .....Yes is adjustable.......remove the bolt from it.....pull the shifter off the shaft....is a splined shaft....if floor boards in way u may have 2 remove....adjust 2 where u want it.........tighten back up and is good 2 go.......:)
Is it that way on a Vulcan Custom or a classic? I would like to adjust it on my custom.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The custom has an adjustable linkage. If you can get the locking bolts free, it's not to difficult to raise of lower the shifter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you do not have to remove the assembly off of the spline, simply loosen the lock nuts and turn the knurled bolt in one direction to raise the toe shifter the other direction lowers...easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts