Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode the wife's VN 900 up and over the mountain to Shady Valley. There is STILL snow up there and also down IN the valley ! To add excitement to the ride, the fine folks with the Carter County road crew don't bother to remove chunks of stone from the road which fell off the mountain. Ya' DON'T wanna run over them, even in a 4X4 truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same Ride

Mark: I rode up 421 to Shady Valley yesterday myself! Spent about an hour in the porch swing drinking coffee. There were a few riders out, not a big crowd but pretty steady in and out. You're right about the rocks and gravel. Got to be observant or you could go down, and yes, there was still snow up there on the shady slopes that don't get the sun. I might have seen you but I'm not certain. Did you catch the two yellow Goldwings that looked exactly alike? Came back through Damascus under Backbone rock , to catch 81 in Abingdon and back to Bristol. Great place to relax and get away from everything, don't you think? Send me a PM sometime and we'll ride together. My inbox is [email protected] Take care. jdoc

·
Registered
641 Posts
You guys have a great place to ride...

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've been up there on the Cherohala, etc. Love the roads. NW GA isn't too bad either...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I usually try to make it down that way a few times in the season. Spend too much time down there recently dealing with probably the most unorganized car dealer I have ever visited.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PLEASE let me know which car dealer, as I'm currently shopping for a synergy green Camaro for the wife..................When momma's not happy................

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
sent PM...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts