Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one fitted a Toce performance Yamaha XSR900 (16-17) Double Down Decat Exhaust on there vulcan 650 S?
Seen one on YouTube by a company called Revolt, looks fantastic.
Would like know if anyone has done so and what the fitting process was.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I’ve never seen it mentioned on the 650S forums and it’s probably because it’s not made for the KVS. There are a few who modified the stock exhaust and replaced the muffler/cat with a car muffler or a Thrush cherry bomb. If you can weld or get it welded, you could certainly cut the stock header pipes off and have the Toce welded in. You’d need to see how much pipe you would need to leave or weld in, when the Toce is held in the mounting position via the bracket. Looks pretty cool though. My guess is it would be wicked loud. If you get this done, please post on how it worked out and sounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right not seen anything like that on here & I've been searching online quite a bit as well. Came across a video on Facebook & it sounds insanely loud, I would get the decible killer.

Hoping someone who has gone through with it can give more insight.

Here's the response I got from Toce performance.

( Greetings!

We unfortunately don't make a system for those directly.* Revolt purchased one of our xsr900 Systems and made a small bracket to make it all work.)

·
Registered
904 Posts
You can get anything you want to fit, with some welding and ingenuity. It wouldn’t stop me if I wanted to put it on there. You should be able to cut the stock exhaust just past the muffler, on the header end and fab up a connection there. You could trim the Toce pipe connection end and transition it together. Here’s a pic of the stock exhaust (all welded together from the factory, hence no slip on’s available). You can see where the header is welded to the muffler if you zoom in. If you’re a welder, I’d say go for it. If not, find yourself a good welder and fab it up and get it welded. Depending on the Toce pipe size, you may need a transition connector, but it’s something you’ll have to check into. If your out of ideas, try contacting Revolt, if possible and ask what their process was. Wouldn’t hurt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been in contact with TOCE performance and they use a FZ-07/MT-09 exhaust for it. You will have to make and fit a different bracket for the exhaust because it angles upwards.
You will also have to take it to a muffler shop to cut your stock pipes to fit into it. TOCE also recommends that you buy the decibel killers due to how obnoxiously loud they will be without them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey Abz, where are you located?
TOCE Performance is located out of Connecticut and if you can make it up there or are nearby they told me they are willing to make one for the VS. TOCE said it would be about a week to complete. I was considering going up there but don't have the time to take my bike up there from Dallas. They would also tune the bike for you free of charge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi palma30 I wish I could. I live in Scotland UK. That is great news though, I hope someone will take the opportunity & give some feedback.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am going to try to go up there myself this summer if no one is able to go. I was just told today that they will reach out to their local Kawasaki dealers if they can borrow a VS and will allow them to work on it. So it might be very soon that they will come out with a TOCE exhaust for our bikes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dis you ever go up there?

I am going to try to go up there myself this summer if no one is able to go. I was just told today that they will reach out to their local Kawasaki dealers if they can borrow a VS and will allow them to work on it. So it might be very soon that they will come out with a TOCE exhaust for our bikes.
Hi, just wanted to know if you got up there to see if they could get a toce exhaust fitted to your bike?

Thanks

Dominicus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone. Just an update on the TOCE Exhaust. Unfortunately, I was not able to go this summer due to unforeseen events.
My situation now is trying to find a local rider in Connecticut who would be willing to let TOCE Performance work on their bike.
If anyone knows any Vulcan S owners in Connecticut or any nearby areas please let me know.

·
Registered
654 Posts
It makes the bike sound like an outboard boat motor. There are other exhaust systems that sound better by resonating the noise into a tuned note.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts