Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a nail in my 900 rear tire yesterday :(.
Luckily discovery took place in my own driveway when I pulled my bike out of the garage and did a quick walk around as I usually do before riding anywhere.
Nail was all the way in with just enough sticking out so I could grab it with pliers. I must have caught it some time last week cause last time I rode it was Friday. Surprisingly tire was holding air right until I started touching it.

Bike is back in the garage and tire off the rim. Waiting for new tube to be delivered.

Now, the question...

Should I replace the tire, or just put new tube in plug the hole and ride on? I examined the damage inside and outside and the puncture is barely noticeable. It's the shame cause tire has less than 2000 miles on it.

Here are some pictures.

· Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the feedback. I'll put a patch in while waiting for a new tube. Should be here Thursday. If everything goes as planned, I will be back on two wheels some time this weekend.:D

· Registered
217 Posts
That depends how much tread is left on the tire. The tire is looks like it has about 3/32nd's in the center tread or less. My shinko Tourmaster has the same ware and has at least 5k on the clock. Because of the ware in the picture I would replace the tire now and avoid the hassle of replacing the tire again in three months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.