Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To paint or powder coat trim pieces or vinyl wrap

Well I'm about to grab a 2015 vulcan s in purple as nd I'm just wondering should I paint all the silver bits presuming there metal or paint them.

I do have some carbon wrap here but that may be a bit to much for the bike. Plus head light surround will be tricky.

I'm actully leaning towards the wrap now prolly not carbon but I'll use it as a trial then just go buy some flat black.

How does it hold up long term

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well I'm about to grab a 2015 vulcan s in purple as nd I'm just wondering should I paint all the silver bits presuming there metal or paint them.

I do have some carbon wrap here but that may be a bit to much for the bike. Plus head light surround will be tricky.

The factory silver paint is luminescent at night.

The silver inserts are metal, the headlight surround is plastic. Easy to remove, remove two hex screws at bottom to remove headlight assembly, rotate up and unplug wiring.

Remove Allen head screw underneath headlight housing, and screw in middle upper back of housing. Pull to remove. To install put rubber pieces on corresponding plastic pieces on housing trim ring, push into position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I painted all the silver trim pieces on my bike. I also did a vinyl wrap first. I found the vinyl wrap did not hold up well on the silver trim especially the ones near the engine...too much heat I presume. A simple rattle can paint job with a clear coat worked perfectly and has held up over two years with no issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Instead of starting a new thread what about vinyl wrapping I've see a few people do it how does it hold up?

What guides did u use eg you tube vids.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
with the of the new paints powder coating is kinda lits edge so I would save the expense and paint, unless you wanna go supertrick and ceramic coat lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts