Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I need to replace the tires on my 900 custom. What brand have you guys used? Has anyone changed sizes? I've heard on the front we can go 90/90/21 and on the rear we can go 200/70/15. And opinions please.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced the rear tire on my 900Classic LT about 1500 miles ago with a Metzler 880 and so far I like it. The Dunlops that came on the bike rode good but don't seem to last very long. From reading other postings it seems that tire pressure may be more important than brand as far as longevity goes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have pirelli night dragons on my 07 custom went with the bigger 90/90 up front and the 200 on the rear and i LOVE them

the 90 90 up front fills the fender nice.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I also replaced my stock Dunlop rear with the Metzeler 880...great tire, great ride, even at a little higher pressure than what the OM states. Pressure, indeed, is the key to good longevity.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Anyone else? even if your tire was mentioned, Please sound off

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just replaced my original Dunlops with the Metzler 880's. So far I've been happy with them.
As to the pressure, what do people recommend in order to get longer life out of the tires?

·
Registered
719 Posts
With the wider 200 size tire on the rear, have any of ya'll noticed any reduction in highway rpm?
The Avon is probably the tallest of the 200 series tires. The larger diameter fixed the speedo errors until I installed a new speedo bezel. Buy me a tach and I'll report back on the rpms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts