Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 900 Custom:

Can the front tire be upgraded to a wider tire? Or will I have to change the forks also?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes. You can go one size up. However check your fender clearance afterward. My upsized tire was rubbing on the fender edge. I realized my fender was not centered exactly. Some waters on the fender mount took care of that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
2010 900 Custom:
Can the front tire be upgraded to a wider tire? Or will I have to change the forks also?
I upgraded my rear tire last fall, and will be doing the front this spring, to a Pirelli Night Dragon 90/90/21.

I installed a Night Dragon 200/70/15 rear tire, and it looks and feels great. Changed the rear pulley, too, and the combo of tire and pulley made a noticeable positive difference in highway riding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I upgraded my rear tire last fall, and will be doing the front this spring, to a Pirelli Night Dragon 90/90/21.

I installed a Night Dragon 200/70/15 rear tire, and it looks and feels great. Changed the rear pulley, too, and the combo of tire and pulley made a noticeable positive difference in highway riding.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for being late in my reply as I've been trying to get my health back together. I was just looking at the Night Dragon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts