Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just bought a brand new 2011 900 Classic. I got an unbelievable price of $6299 down from around $8200. I looked around for a long time for a great deal like that. The bike has not been delivered to me yet so here is my quandary: I really like the bike except for the whitewall tires that came with it. How much should I expect the dealer to charge me to put blackwalls on and will they give me any kind of break if I offer them to keep the whitewalls to sell to someone?

·
Registered
224 Posts
unless you have money to burn,run the current tires till you need new ones then get the blackwalls. If they are dunlops,you won't have to wait but 5-8,000 miles

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree with RTL Rider. The stock Dunlops wear out so fast they will be gone in one season if you ride it.

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
While you're waiting for them stockers to wear down, just apply some good old black magic marker to the white parts! You might have to touch it up from time to time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Gotta agree--keep the stock rim protectors. They don't last long. My wife got 5000 miles on her stock rear tire! They make stuff to blacken the white sidewalls. Not my cup of tea either.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Funny ... Here we look after all the white-sided.:confused:
Shame about the distance for sending :thinking:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts