Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for a pal with an 800 on gorgeous spokes but was curious for when my time comes around as well. If all you have to do is replace the rubber is it ok to keep using the same tube? How often should you change out the tubes?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll be getting the 3rd tire on front this summer & It will still be using the original tube.If you get a hole in them & have to patch it to get by I would replace it the next time you get a tire.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I agree with XC... I just broke 20,000 on my front tube which has seen two new sets of outside rubber..... No reason to change unless you get a hole in it. I would not patch a tube and put it back in. They are too cheap to waste the time on patching, unless you're out in the boonies and just have to in order to get back on the road...

"Flexibility is central to managing any type of constraint". Robert J. Trent, Ph.D.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why risk it? A tube can be bought for under $20. I replace tube every time I change the tire. The tube is rubber based too and can eventually wear out, and since the tire is already off for changing why not spring the extra few dollars for a new one?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
IMO, it's a judgement call.

Check out the tube carefully to see if there's any wear.

I just replaced the front tire on one of my bikes and altho the tube itself was good, the base of the valve showed a bit of rust. I replaced the tube just to be safe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would never re-use a tube on a MC. Tubes age/weaken just like tires. IMO, it's just not worth the risk for ~$12-$20 for a fresh one.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I replace tube every other tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts