Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I can let you know about the Pirelli MT66's next weekend. My 900 is in the shop getting those(stock size)put on. I pick it up on Thursday:D I've read alot of good reviews on them and the price was right, $85 for the front, $120 for the rear. You can them cheaper on the web, but the local indy shop's prices were close enough for me, I like to keep my business local when I can.

·
Registered
382 Posts
$85 for the front, $120 for the rear. You can them cheaper on the web, but the local indy shop's prices were close enough for me, I like to keep my business local when I can.
those are pretty good prices... and no waiting for shipping, either. x2 on the buy local (and buy American made when possible- I sometimes go on spheels about that and jobs and human rights and on and on so don't get me started)

·
Registered
382 Posts
That would make for an expensive burnout!

Lucky for me, I have enough sense of self preservation not to try it... I think I'd end up like this guy if I tried a burnout... something about holding front brake and throttle at the same time seems rather difficult without giant hands. And yes, I do know better than to bounce it off the limiter and clutch drop... that's asking to empty every pocket to get said vehicle (MC or otherwise) back on the road.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sn2CrO0q38

·
Registered
533 Posts
How were they priced ,if you don't mind me asking? The stock 404 at the local Kawi dealership was 250.00 including a new tube and installation .

$250 for a stock 404 rear???:eek: You'll love this.......replaced both front and rear, mounted and balanced (they did the removal), for $283!!:cool: Work was done by a local indy shop that charges $20/tire for mount/balance as long as you buy them there. I could have had Metzelers for $50 more if I'd wanted them. If I were you, I'd do some serious checking at other shops. www.motorcyclesuperstore.com has really good prices on the Pirellis, with free shipping. However, be ready to pay a stealer about $50/tire to install.....less if you remove the tires yourself.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I got about 6k out of the stock rear and 14k out of the stock front on my 900. I've got the Pirelli MT66's on it now(stock sizes) and so far I really like the tires, got about 500 miles on them so far. They felt a little stiff at 1st but after about 250 miles or so they started to break in, very good tire.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got 12,500 on both tires. I was told that the front still had some life left but the rear was just starting to smooth out. I replaced both since I wanted better tires. So far 200 miles on the new Metzlers and I am very happy with them. Felt good from the first mile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts