Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the tires on my 900 classic 2012 the original owner didn't ride it much and I am starting to see some dry rot my local motorcycle shop suggested commander II or if I want to keep the white walls Bridgestone's which are the OEM tire I would also change the tubes and liners as well The shop is talking about 600 dollars for the entire job I am somewhat new to riding this is my second bike and I am riding about 4 years 2 of them on this bike. Any opinions would be appreciated. BTW this bike has about 6500 miles on it and I put about 4k of them on the bike

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Search online for cheapest price on tire set shipped to you. Remove front and rear wheels yourself and take them and tires to a local shop for mounting and balance. Just paid $30 here to have tire mounted and balanced, paid $150 for tire (tire sells for $240 at local shops). Saved about $60 and only took me about 30 min to remove rear tire and 30 min to put it back on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I have nowhere near that skill level and I wont play with tires on a motorcycle

·
Registered
409 Posts
I found the best price on-line for the tires I wanted and had them shipped to me. Then I shopped local shops for the best price to remove the wheels, dismount the old tires, mount and balance new tires and put the wheels back on. I wound up oddly enough at the Kawi dealer where I bought the bike. I dropped the bike and tires off at about 8:00 one Saturday morning and had it back under my butt by lunchtime (there was two ahead of me). Drive-out was $90 and change. They even scrubbed the whitewalls for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts