Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, but I recently swapped to Metzeler ME880s and its a whole new bike. Way better than the stock Duncraps.
My '06 V2K came with Bridgestone Battleax tires. Replaced the front tire TWICE now at just under 6,000 miles! Cupped badly both times. Second tire I know was inflated at 35 to 40 psi. I'll be switching to Metzlers too. Saw one front (Metzler) with 12,000 miles - no cupping at all! Kawie oughta be ashamed for putting such poor quality rubber on their bikes!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do not pay as much attention to mileage as grip as I am more worried about safety and handling versus a little extra money. so if they get better mileage thats a plus.

I will say freeway interchanges/overpasses that used to feel unstable at 80mph now seem like nothing but a smooth corner asking for more throttle and lean... even in a straight line it somehow feels more "planted" on the road compared to the original Dunlops.

I know I will stick with the Metzies going forward.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Been running the ME880's for about 3,000 miles and will probably never switch to anything else. Great handling and, so I've heard, long life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts