Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my bike the first of last year 900 classic it had 6000 thousand km on it.After driving it for the summer i ended up with a flat on the rear tire.We had one bike tour left to go on so i put a new tire {oem)same one that came off.....My problem is this ...I got almost 13000 thousand km out of the first tire ...an now the new tire has 4000 thousand km an it has less thread than the one i took off is this normal or just a bad tire.Tire pressure is good an everything is lined up good.Front tire has 28 psi rear has 34 psi

·
Registered
170 Posts
I replaced my rear tire at the beginning of June and have since put on 7000 kms. The rear tire looks brand new still. I do not know what tire pressure you are using but this is what Dunlop said to me when I posed the question about tire pressure.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the proper inflation pressures for the Dunlop D404 motorcycle tires fitted to your Kawasaki VN 900 Vulcan 900 Classic LT. For the original equipment sizes of 130/90-16 front and 180/70-15 rear, we suggest inflating your cold tires to 34 psi front and 38 psi rear for all loads and street conditions. These pressures allow for the tires to deliver maximum mileage before wear out with even tread wear. The lower OEM inflation pressure specs may provide a more comfortable ride, but may result in an irregular wear pattern."

I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts