Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ... I was wondering if anyone knew if I install a 230 rear tire with 2" lowering link can I still ride with 2 people or will it rub?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've never rubbed with a 230 and 2" lowering kit 2 up or solo. I'm currently running a 230 and 3" lowering kit and that's a different story. Sure improves the look and even the feel of the bike to me tho'.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never rubbed with a 230 and 2" lowering kit 2 up or solo. I'm currently running a 230 and 3" lowering kit and that's a different story. Sure improves the look and even the feel of the bike to me tho'.
thank you ... I am on my way to get that tire it makes the bike look soooo much better

How much where the lowering links if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where did you get a 3" lowering kit??? Damn, I just order my 2" one last night....thought that's all they made?

·
Registered
135 Posts
it's one of the older versions i believe, i ordered it off of ebay. i think all of the newer versions being sold are just 1-2". the seller was wholesaleusa724283 and it was $99.99. the slots do need a tad bit of work for the lower pivot bolt to slide through but it was very simple to do and yes this link is made for the vulcan 900. i did want to mention that you do need to adjust your shock, i adjusted mine to the highest setting which is impossible to do with the tool in the toolkit, but it's really simple with a large set of channel locks. hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought one with a 1-2-3" lower. I initially did the 3" drop, and didnt make it out of my neighborhood without scraping pipes. I raised it back up an inch and have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mittens,
I think it's pretty common to scrub when you lower the rear with the stock tire but I saw where you commented on a different thread that i posted saying you stuck with the stock over the 230 b/c of the height of the tire. it's that extra height of the tire that keeps you from scrubbing with the drop. plus when you lower the back 3 the height doesnt show as bad. to answer your question in the other thread, the only other options you have to get that wide of a tire but with a lower profile is by going with a fat tire kit which means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 230 mod is a relatively cheap mod considering how drastically it effects the appearance of the bike IMO.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mittens,
I think it's pretty common to scrub when you lower the rear with the stock tire but I saw where you commented on a different thread that i posted saying you stuck with the stock over the 230 b/c of the height of the tire. it's that extra height of the tire that keeps you from scrubbing with the drop. plus when you lower the back 3 the height doesnt show as bad. to answer your question in the other thread, the only other options you have to get that wide of a tire but with a lower profile is by going with a fat tire kit which means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 230 mod is a relatively cheap mod considering how drastically it effects the appearance of the bike IMO.
and you don't need the side stand anymore - the bike sits just on the wheel .....:p:p;) And I agree - a phat rear looks cool !! :cool::cool:

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts