Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this kind of stuff gets discussed quite a bit, but need a little help as I begin my 900 Classic bobber project.

Blue Collar says they used an Avon Speedmaster 5.00-16 on the front of theirs, but they kept the rear tire the same. I'm guessing that's to fit their gender, but since I'm not using their fender I don't have to do that.

There's a post about the largest rear tire that will fit on the rear and that's where I'm thinking I want to go, but what about the maximum front tire size taking the front fender clearance out of the equation.

So what would you guys suggest (or have you done) to go as fat as possible front and rear? I don't think the Avon Speedmaster would be good front and rear, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm a cruise around town, interstate riding at 75mph, and take a 250/300mi trip a few times a year type rider. I'm wanting that fat look that goes with the bobber, but just not sure what the options might be so figured I'd ask the experts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
The reason they BCB didn't put a vintage Avon on the rear is because they do not make a matching rear tire for a 15in wheel. The Vulcan uses a metric specific 15in wheel in the rear. As for a wide front tire I have fit a 150 on the front of my bike anf it looks beefy as hell. I am not sure how it will fit with a BCB front fender though. I put a custom front fender on my bobber. For the rear I do not have enough experience with that.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts