3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone
Need to replace my tires
My friend told me I should buy Dunlop Elite 4 s
However I read some not so flattering reviews on those
Looking for any feed back on those or any other brands
Just bought bike about 8 months ago and love it
I don’t want to skimp on tires . Looking for something that we’ll help give a comfortable, dependable safe ride
So any advice would be appreciated
Thanks Peterd5988

·
Registered
457 Posts
Presently I am using Avon Cobra's. I am very happy with them and intend to stay with them. They are an excellent motorcycle tire which has over 100 years of wet climate engineering built into them. They are quiet, wear well, and give excellent grip in both dry and wet. Michelin tires used to be my go to tire, but since they changed the formula to extend life, they also decreased wet weather confidence in my opinion. Avon Cobra's are at the top of the price list, its not a bargain tire, but with proper inflation, they will not disappoint.

·
Registered
705 Posts
So what you will get is 1000 posts of 100 different tires that are just the best, and your left with "what should I chose".
So no help here.
Let the posts begin -

·
Registered
457 Posts
So what you will get is 1000 posts of 100 different tires that are just the best, and your left with "what should I chose".
So no help here.
Let the posts begin -
What would a motorcycle forum be without a Tire,battery,oil,coolant,etc. thread.. :wink2: His isn't the first ever and I guarantee you it won't be the last.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My two cents: Simply go with the best tire for YOUR riding style and common weather. I've ridden various Dunlops, Metzlers, Bridgestone, and Michelin. All good for what I wanted out of them. My current Voyager is a 2017 that has the stock Bridgestone excedras. Just rode at highway speeds through cold rain with loop-de-doop curves along the South Colorado river and then along the twists and variable corners of the road south of Hoover Dam and had confidence and stability like I'm not used to on a heavy cruiser. My last heavy bikes, I switched to Metzlers because I was ridding a lot at two up and wanted some back tire longevity. They did their job in that department, but on single rides, felt hard and less sticky on corners and not great in rain. My mid size cruiser (900) did well on stock Dunlop in all conditions, but squared off the rear after a few k of two up riding.

I was not disappointed in any of these tires because they did as advertised. Go with the harder tires if your not pushing it in curves or ride two up a lot. you'll be changing them less often. Go sticky if you know you can't help but ride like you stole it. Go weather tire if you ride in rain alot. You won't be disappointed if you go that route. Tires are getting better all the time as the harder high mileage tire are better in rain and cornering than previous models (except my friend,a Michelin rider, seem to think they missed the mark a little with newest Commander), but for what he does, I think he simply chose the wrong style.

Ride Safe. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Michelin Commander II

I have a Vulcan 900 custom and have Michelin Commander II front and rear and I love them. They handle well in wet and of course dry conditions. I just purchase my second set after 14k miles on the first set. There are a lot of great tires out there and as mentioned in other posts go with what fits you and what you trust. For me I researched the commander II and have been very happy with my choice. Nothing against any of the other tires at all, for me the commander II's have been fantastic.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I have a Vulcan 900 custom and have Michelin Commander II front and rear and I love them. They handle well in wet and of course dry conditions. I just purchase my second set after 14k miles on the first set. There are a lot of great tires out there and as mentioned in other posts go with what fits you and what you trust. For me I researched the commander II and have been very happy with my choice. Nothing against any of the other tires at all, for me the commander II's have been fantastic.
Ditto. Love my Commander II on the Nomad and the Road 4/5 on the 650S:grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts