Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you running tubes? If so, then plugging a tire won't work for you. You'll have to patch or replace the tube. I had tubes in my wire spoke wheels on the 1400 Intruder I'm changing over from. I converted those over to run tubeless several years ago. If you need them, I have the instructions for the mod, complete with notes and pictures.

Now then, for tubeless tires, you have more options. I carry two different repair kits, and two different means of roadside inflation.

Repair: I carry a mushroom-plug kit from Stop&Go, and a sticky-string kit.

Inflation: I carry a Stop&Go CO2 canister kit, and a cheap mini compressor from Wall-of-China-Mart as a backup.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Has anbody had experience with the stop and go air compressor.Wll it overwork itself when being used
thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had a flat front tire a few days ago the shop told me get it there quick if I wanted it out that day. I aired it up and watched it go flat again in about 10 mins time. The shop was 20 miles away, no way would I make it without going flat again. I put a can of fix a flat in it (tube) made two laps around the yard then parked and watched it for 10 mins and it was still holding correct pressure, I rode to the shop with no problem, it sat for about another 2 hours or so before they could get to it and it was still holding up fine.

End result a can of fix a flat is now in my tool roll, if it works great, if it doesn't work the next time I'm only out of a few bucks and a minute or so, BTW do not put the entire can in you'll end up at about 50 psi or more, I had to let it out to the correct pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts