Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any tire recommendations for the Vulcan 900 classic lt. Also do these tires need tubes? Since it is a spoked wheel.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The most popular tire I would say is the Michelin Commander II. I've have about 6,000 miles on the set on my 800 Classic and they handle very well wet or dry and show very little signs of wear. Many tires are rated "tubeless" but can be used with tubes which is a must with spokes. Jakewilson.com is a good place too start a search and read reviews. They have a good selection to meet you budget.

Ron

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
+1 on the MCII's. Have them on my Voyager and love them. Stock Bridgestone's were shot at 5000 miles when I bought the bike. Have a little more than 6000 miles on the MCII's and they are handling beautifully and show very little wear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 1700 Nomad came with Metzler tires on it. During a day trip with my wife I noticed that the bike was a little loose in a curve so at the next stop I inspected the back tire to discover it was flat! To get home I had to stop a couple of times and air it up but we made it without a problem. That makes me a devout follower of the Metzler ME880 and will continue to put them on my bikes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking at the pirrelli mt66. I would like to have a new seat as well. If anyone knows of one to get. Thanks

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I'm thinking of putting a car tire on. What size is the question.
Do a forum search for "darkside" and you'll get plenty of info on using a car tire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have Metzelers on my '06 900 classic. The 200 on rear. Great performance and love the look of the 200.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am sold on Metzelers. Standard OEM sizes - Current mileage, 15K on front and 25K on rear (probably need a new one by the end of summer). Maintain 40# in both.

I am thinking of getting a 200 next time - Thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Plus 1 with Michelin Commander II. Pricey yes, but very worth it or Dunlop elite 3, you'll surely won't go wrong with this 2 brands. I believe 4 Wheel Online are selling them for a big discount check them out and you might get lucky getting them cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts