Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 900lt has about 9300 mi on it now,getting time for a new rear tire.
I have the stock 404 dunlop on it now,but to replace this will cost me
about $275 at the stealership includes tire,tube and mounting.(yikes) I
went to a local indie shop and was quoted 100 bucks less on a Kenda Kruz
673 slightly smaller tire 170 80/15 vs 180 70/15 . The owner of the shop told me that the size diff. was slight .Any feedback on tire replacement would be helpful

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tire

I paid $220 at the dealership in Nov. for a rear tire on my 07 900 classic the tire had 13,000 on it and I was needing a tire so I had it done replaced with the same size different brand. Recently bought a front tire online at Bike Bandit for $89 plan changing myself good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That seems really high for one tire, tube and mounting. Check out the Shinko 230 Tour Master tires. Shinko bought the motorcycle tire division from Yokohama. I heard good things about them, and cheaper than Dunlop. Might also want to check out other dealers or independent shops.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My 08 900lt has about 9300 mi on it now,getting time for a new rear tire.
I have the stock 404 dunlop on it now,but to replace this will cost me
about $275 at the stealership includes tire,tube and mounting.(yikes) I
went to a local indie shop and was quoted 100 bucks less on a Kenda Kruz
673 slightly smaller tire 170 80/15 vs 180 70/15 . The owner of the shop told me that the size diff. was slight .Any feedback on tire replacement would be helpful

Thanks Bill
Bill, Check out http://www.citruscyclecenter.com They are in Lecanto. It's a bit of a ride for you but they have a $99 tire sale going on and that's installed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts