Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Tire Question

859 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  strublet 
#1 ·
So this isn't about brands, but a general inquiry.

I will be looking at replacing my front tire soon....rear is ok as I had to have it replaced last year after picking up a screw. That being said, should I consider replacing both for a matching set, or just go with the one. Finances are kinda tight, and the bike will be going in for its 15k service at the same time. Local shop has Metz 880 and D404's on sale at the moment, and I should be able to pickup up a set for $170 (170/80/15 & 90/90/21) and $140 (170/80/15 & 80/90/21) respectively before cost of mounting.

Anyways, thanks for the input

#2 ·
The only time I've had matching tires on my 07 Custom was the first year. I now alternate when I buy front and rear. Currently I have a Metz 880 on the rear and a Pirelli MT66 on the front. The only change in handling I've noticed was when I got rid of those horrendous Dunlops. They were, hands down, the worst tires I've had since I started riding in 1980.

#3 ·
If finances are tight I would buy the cheapest front tire I could find( I am a cheap a** so I do that anyways) I just bought a shinko for $38 shipped and from past and present experience they are great budget tires. I would not worry about having matching tires, I like Steve have never purposely went with matching tires unless the bike was new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.