Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 V2K Classic a few days ago. I love the bike, its an awesome bike.Just takes a little bit to get used to pushing it around and walking speeds. Something different from sportbikes and dirt riding. Right now it has a 200 tire on the back, but I think I read somewhere where you can mount a tire as big as a 240 on the back. Does it fit, and will it work on the stock rear wheel? Also are these pretty loud stock or not? might has a nice rumble to it, its loud, but not to loud, sounds just about right. It looks like the stock exhaust but maybe the previous owner just did something to it with baffles?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I believe it will fit. I run a 215/60/16 car tire. Bear in mind, the wider the tire, the more it "can" effect handling. Not necessarily worse, just different. That being said, the 200 stock tire looks really nice as is. I just went with the c/t for longevity. The 2000 has a good stock sound, but most seem to want more. I know I did.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have just fitted a set of Avon Cobra's to my beast and am very happy with them. I also know a bloke in Tasmania who has a 240 fited to the stock rim on his V2K and although they are a tight fit he says they handle very well but wear is much the same as always around the 12000 kilometre mark.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just put on a Metzlet me880 Marathon. Got 10,500 mi out of my stock and now have metz, front and rear. Love them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts