Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2017 Vulcan 1700 Voyager and I just replaced my stock tires with the Bridgestone Exedra Max Tires. The tire reads 41psi cold on both, is that the correct pressure??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
I have Michelin commander II's on my 2016 Voyager and run 42 cold in the back and 36 cold in the front. with 25 psi in the shocks gives me a comfortable ride. the lower pressure in the front helps absorb some of the road feel and still gives good control in turns the 28 psi the manual says to use is just to soft for me. The higher pressure in the back still gives a comfortable ride with good grip and helps with tire wear
But that is just me. You have to play with it and find what is right for you

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
lower tire pressure = more grip due to increase in contact patch with road, tire runs warmer, more tire wear thus less tire life
higher tire pressure = tire runs cooler, less contact patch with road thus less grip, more tire life
choose your option, you want more grip or less grip,, less tire life or more tire life

Reactions: Walt55k

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey, Wait55k
you have to use a 180/65/16 instead of the stock 170/70/16 in the Commander II it is a little wider but the height of the side wall comes out to be the same at least it does not affect the speedometer or seat height. Front tire they have in 130/90/16 size I highly recommend them while I only have about 4k on them they ride great and also holding up very well as far as wear they still look like I just put them on people say they have gotten anywhere between 14-20k miles on them depending on your riding style.

I also tried glass balancing beads in them instead of having them balanced with external weights and so far very happy with cruising speeds up to 80 mph

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Commander II

Thx for the info, I really like the Commander II tires had them on my other ride. Just wasn't sure I could put the bigger tire on the back. Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
I own a 2017 Vulcan 1700 Voyager and I just replaced my stock tires with the Bridgestone Exedra Max Tires. The tire reads 41psi cold on both, is that the correct pressure??
Just for the record, the pressure on the side of the tire is the maximum cold pressure, not a recommended pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts