Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'05 800 classic, new Michelin Commander II tires front and rear, solo rider, what PSI should I put them at?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I went looking for mfg recommended pressure and found it on a label on the chain guard, 28 front/28 rear
thanks

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I went looking for mfg specs again this time on tires, says
front Michelin max load 805 lbs @ 42 psi cold,
rear Michelin max load 908 lbs @ 42 psi cold
28/28 might be squishy at bike mfg specs
I've seen some posts they're doing 40/40
that could be with 2-up and luggage and they're also heavier bikes than my 800 and I'm only 5'7" 165 lbs and not doing 2-up
I should do couple lbs higher like yours @ 32F/36R cold

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I was about to go for a ride and noticed that the rear tire is flat, no air in the tire whatsoever, my bike has not been moved since I checked air in the tire on Monday, all I did to the tire was on Monday use my digital gauge to check the air pressure, it was 36.5 psi, I also noticed that the metal stem on my digital gauge is out of line and doesn't seem straight, Do you suppose when I used that gauge it caused the valve stem on my tube to stay open? the air in the tire was fine since I had a new Michelin installed 3 months ago by a bike shop, I took the wheel to them and reinstalled the wheel myself.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
well I was about to go for a ride and noticed that the rear tire is flat, no air in the tire whatsoever, my bike has not been moved since I checked air in the tire on Monday, all I did to the tire was on Monday use my digital gauge to check the air pressure, it was 36.5 psi, I also noticed that the metal stem on my digital gauge is out of line and doesn't seem straight, Do you suppose when I used that gauge it caused the valve stem on my tube to stay open? the air in the tire was fine since I had a new Michelin installed 3 months ago by a bike shop, I took the wheel to them and reinstalled the wheel myself.
Possible,try removing core and then put it back in?is a core remover,just spins out:surprise:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts