Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 Vulcan 900 custom, and the manual says the recommended tire pressure is 40psi front and 28psi rear based on my weight.

Does anyone run these pressures, or is there a more optimal setup? I'm about 180lbs, and am a new rider, so no passengers any time soon.

Any input on ideal pressure for my bike would be appreciated.

Thanks, and happy 4th to all my neighbors to the south! :flag:

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my new (to me) 900, the previous owner had it backwards ... 32 front, 40 rear! Bumps were almost painful. I weigh 180 and changed it to 40 front, 30 rear. So much better!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, that's about the numbers I'm going to go with as well based on opinions/research.

The funny part was when the guy I bought the bike from rode it to my place, I checked the pressure the next day....28psi rear and....wait for it....14.5 psi front! I thought my gauge was faulty so I checked it with 3 other gauges, and all came back the same, haha. I imagine the ride must've been pretty squirmy with pressure that low!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I run 40 in front and 40 in the back. I have Mettlers. The back tire runs a little higher than the Dunlops. With the 900 Custom, I can feel the front feeling a little flighty if the pressure is below 34 or so. And if the back is too soft, I can feel getting harder to lean back an forth in the corners. Next time I have it in the shop, I'll have them adjust the front fork bearing. Been that way since I've owned it,so they may not have set it up right at factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts