Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are tire ballance micro-beads ? And how do they work? Is it a option to check into will it work better then the standard ? And why should I change to it?

I am getting a new set of tires so I wanted to get some ideas before I put them on.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
What are tire ballance micro-beads ? And how do they work? Is it a option to check into will it work better then the standard ? And why should I change to it?

I am getting a new set of tires so I wanted to get some ideas before I put them on.

Thanks
Tiny ceramic beads that have some weight to them. I have them in the rear CT and front commander 2. Love them. They are inside the tire and seek out their own area when rolling and keep the tires smooth as glass at all speeds. They also keep tires balanced through the wear life of the tires. Charge in and you will love them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I tried Dyna Beads for the first time about 3 years ago, and now have them in all my motorcycle tires. There are other brands, and I would imagine that they all come from a single manufacturer. How do they work? Spend some time on the internet; at least you'll find some theoretical explanations, and can WOW your friends with your knowledge!

Don't understand them myself, but they work for me,
Grandpa

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I started with Dyna Beads, but now use Counteract. The Counteract beads have more static cling to them, so they will stay "in balance" for a short period such as sitting at a red light. In reality, I can't tell any difference between them. Thirty thousand miles now on my Commander II, will be replacing tires, and staying with beads!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts