Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am about to replace my rear tire for the first on my 2016 Voyager. In the past I have never had my tires balanced on previously owned motorcycles (Harley, Yamaha and Honda) but on the voyager I see they come from the factory balanced and there is balance weights in the parts book for them. Has anyone balanced or not balanced their wheels after tire replacement?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey, I am about to replace my rear tire for the first on my 2016 Voyager. In the past I have never had my tires balanced on previously owned motorcycles (Harley, Yamaha and Honda) but on the voyager I see they come from the factory balanced and there is balance weights in the parts book for them. Has anyone balanced or not balanced their wheels after tire replacement?
If you install the tires yourself here is a simple method that a lot of people. including myself use. I have never had a negative result

Counteract Balancing Beads | The only tire balancing product proven to improve fuel economy.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
326 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, Thanks everyone after your suggestions and some research watching YouTube and reading some reviews I think I am going to give the counteract balancing beads a try. I believe this will do the trick.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I use Ride On. It balances and also seals small punctures

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey, Thanks everyone after your suggestions and some research watching YouTube and reading some reviews I think I am going to give the counteract balancing beads a try. I believe this will do the trick.
I'm sure you will be happy with the results

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, finally mounted my Michelin Commander II's and I put 2oz of counteract balancing beads in each and I must say very pleased with the results. I highly recommend both!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey, finally mounted my Michelin Commander II's and I put 2oz of counteract balancing beads in each and I must say very pleased with the results. I highly recommend both!
Nice, those are the tires I will be installing in a couple months also. Glad you are happy with the results

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had counter act beads in my MIchilen Commander II's on my VStar and put about 19,000 km's on them and the tires were still good and had no issues.

Just put some in my new voyager tires

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, dlars
I would advise against the MC II's
After installing them on my bike after a several hundred miles the front tire went bad that is if you take your hands off the handle bars the front end will shake violently. After doing some more research and contacting Michelin turns out the MC II's are not recommended for Kawasaki 1700 Vulcans
I replaced the front tire with the Bridgestone original tire and the shake went away (used counter act beads in both) I left the MC II on the back and no problems so far after riding all summer last year up to today

1 - 16 of 16 Posts