Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 has 18k on it. I put the last 2K on it. It's starting to hesitate/stumble just a little bit when I'm stopped and start to accelerate slowly. It seems like its maybe the first 100-200 rpms. It feels like it could be throttle bodies in need of some cleaning. Any tips for this bike model?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have an off idle stumble on my 08' that seems more prevalent when cold. Does yours stumble more when cold? Does it do it all the time when accelerating slowly?

·
Registered
864 Posts
My '08 has 18k on it. I put the last 2K on it. It's starting to hesitate/stumble just a little bit when I'm stopped and start to accelerate slowly. It seems like its maybe the first 100-200 rpms. It feels like it could be throttle bodies in need of some cleaning. Any tips for this bike model?
Sea Foam..... $9, lots of stuff about it on here. I run it in everything.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Sea Foam..... $9, lots of stuff about it on here. I run it in everything.
+1. I'd put it on my pancakes in the morning if I could.

Seafoam on a rag will get the carbon and stuff out of the throttle body real easy. Then throw some in the fuel tank for good measure; to clean anything 'internal' out.

·
BOTM Winner, July 2013
183 Posts
+1. I'd put it on my pancakes in the morning if I could.

Seafoam on a rag will get the carbon and stuff out of the throttle body real easy. Then throw some in the fuel tank for good measure; to clean anything 'internal' out.
I believe they make it in a spray can now. STP has their own version of it now, comes in the same type of can and has the same ingredients. But is a couple bucks cheaper, I have been using the STP brand with the same results.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
Diamond, go to the other forum & search for a post by Rasmith about this subject. He went into detail if I remember correctly. I use Seafoam, A toothbrush to get the edges of the butterflys & a clean rag soaked in Seafoam to clean the tunnels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts