Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing works better than I hoped for!! First oil change on my 2011 900 lt went with Rotella T 15-40 and Bosch 3300. Had to shim the regulator with washers for clearance. Thanks for the tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
2x6? Does it lift the bike or just keep it level??
Think you need 2x8 or 2x10 to lift.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Found this on youtube

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4x8 or (2) 2x8 works for the 900. I screwed a 3/4 floor flange on the bottom to hold the pipe. Handle was from an old roof demo tool. I had everything laying around except the floor flange and eye hooks. Total cost was about 8 bucks!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
the op must have the deluxe model with the handle on the rod ....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Breaking down and making one of these this weekend... how's the pipe clearance? Can you give us a shot on the pipe side? For some reason, I have it stuck in my head that the guts o' me 9'er, or the pipes, hang down below the frame? I'm at work, so can't eyeball her.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a sweet spot behind the kick stand. The pull strap makes it really solid. I can't seem to load the link I got it from. nightrider.com/biketeck 20 $ bike lift. Ya, I painted the pipe and added the handle. Mr. Overkill!!

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
To raise the front front wheel, rock the bike back and add a block to the front of the frame. Works GREAT!! and cheeeeep!!! No problem with pipe clearance. The oil pan is an obstacle in the front of the frame, hence the rock method

·
Registered
65 Posts
Made mine out of 2 X 8 s ...then added 1 x 4 hardwood on narrow edge.
This lifts the rear 3 to 4 inches. Bike is very solid side to side. You can also tilt bike fore and aft and it remains stable.

Makes oil changes easy as pie.

Try it you'll like it.

John Mc

·
Registered
318 Posts
Was in the bike shop Saturday & saw a brand new Gold Wing up on a center stand. Prolly weighed about as much as a dump truck. Somebody tell me again why a V900 couldn't have come with a center stand?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Was in the bike shop Saturday & saw a brand new Gold Wing up on a center stand. Prolly weighed about as much as a dump truck. Somebody tell me again why a V900 couldn't have come with a center stand?
Cause it ain't cool, these days most bikes don't have em regardless of gendre outside of sport tourers ... costs, weight all add up, I got one for my old sport tourer, $170 plus tx and install.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts