Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys ride with a Corbin Young Guns Saddle? I'm wondering if it gives some back support without the drivers back rest attached? Is it like the Mustang Wide touring saddle? Which extends up higher at the back of the drivers seat, if you will.

I need something narrower on the passenger seat because of the sissy bar I have on my 900c.

I'm also wondering what kind of riding position the Corbin YoungGuns seat puts you in. I don't want to be sitting up higher our further forward. Plus it's a good looking seat.

Any information you guys have would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have a Corbin dual tour on the way that should arrive Monday. I have already tried the mustang and the ultimate so I should be able to post a good review some time next week.

I never felt that I got much back support out of the mustang although it appeared that it would.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have the young guns seat on my 900 custom. I sit a little further back and without the backrest there is more back support than the stock seat. I use a drivers backrest. I don't use a wind shield and the backrest helps take the strain off of my shoulders.

Big improvement over the stock seat.

The drivers backrest is a pain to remove, you have to remove the seat and the mounting plate on the seat to get at the set screw that holds the backrest in place, so I just leave the backrest on.

The Corbin seat is natural leather so, I use the vinyl stock seat when I wash the bike and for short trips around town when I don't need the backrest.

Overall I am happy with the Corbin seat.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback
Google for "Corbin young guns VN900 photo" you can see photos on the 900. Your will notice the seating surface is low with the back of the seat quite a bit taller than stock.

If your decide to move ahead, there are a ton of options for seat materials and colors, just ask Darkarcher about making a decision on what to order :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased an Ultimate Midrider for my '07 Custom. Arrived this afternoon.

So far my impression of the seat is good. The construction is excellent; seams are tight, no loose threads, etc. Installation was dead simple. You just have to remove the latch bracket from the stock seat (2 10mm nuts) and attach it to the Ultimate. It's a little snug in the nose so getting it seated on the bike took a couple of tries, but all told it was about 10 minutes from unpacking to sitting on it.

I noticed an immediate difference in comfort just sitting in the garage. Looking forward to breaking this thing in.

I'll be riding tonight and as much as possible this week and will reply back with thoughts.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
Anyone out there have a beaded seat top? Talked to a guy last night that has one and said it is really good for longer trips. He was on a Goldwing and I was talking to him in the Halifax, Nova Scotia area. Him and his 3 buddies are doing what they call the "4 corners" Newfoundland to Florida to California to British Columbia and then across Canada to their home in Ontario. What a trip, eh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gel Seat

Hi,
I have a Kaw. gel seat from a 2010 900 LT classic for sale with very little mileage on. You can send me a PM.
Sam in PA

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the wooden beaded seat cover on a mustang touring seat and I swear by it. Made all the difference in the world! I was going to buy a different seat but figured I'd try the beads and I'm glad I did. Got it on ebay for $40

1 - 9 of 9 Posts