Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather is starting to warm up, so its time to get going on this pile of stuff in my den.

Windvest 8" black shield

Got my levers back from Iron Braid

8" Plasma Rods (rear turn signals)

TruWRAPZ led's (front turn signals)

Paul Yaffe Stealth III Black plate mount

Comfort Zone Ride Floorboard mounted Hwy Peg mounts

W/ Kuryakyn Black ISO Pegs.

Red Fairing inserts from RACNRAY

Sage Brush Saddlebag Chaps

Then its time for a new riding season !!!

·
Banned
89 Posts
I am currently watching the snow pile up outside but heading back into the garage as soon as I post this!! I have spent countless hours on this site over the last few weeks getting tips and info - thanks to all who have posted such!!

My bike was bone stock last fall. Over the last 4-6 weeks I have accumulated a plethora of items that I'm fixing to mount over the next couple weekends

Cobra Tri-Ovals (user BNeal)
Thunder BAK (user vulchrome)
Dynojet PCV
Rockford Fosgate 300x4
Commander II rear tire (new front last fall)
Skootwerks risers
Custom CNC'd bar clamp
Dash is removed and at a local gunsmith for hydrodipping (will be blue carbon fiber)
1/5 throttle mod
Wrapping the pipes
I have 1 or 2 other projects in mind on her, too!!

I SOOO can't wait for riding season - it's been a LONG, COLD winter!! The dash is the item setting the pace as I won't have it for two weeks yet!! UGH!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
gees don't envy you guys
even our winter is still good riding weather all year round ,makes for a problem when maintenance is due though
good luck and happy riding

·
Registered
194 Posts
We don't have that problem here Cannonballs! I really, really hate being cold so when I start hesitating to ride because of the temperature I put the bike away for about 5 months of down time here! Usually we will get a nice day in the high 40s or around 50 here or there in the winter to take the bike for a quick ride but this winter has just been brutal and there was just too much sand and salt on the roads for my liking.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The last ride I took was in late Oct when it started to snow,late march now and expecting another 3-5 inches tonite and tomorrow on top of the 197 inches we have already.All the banks around the driveway are 12 feet high(as high as I can get them with the bucket loader)All 3 bikes have been gone thur,the Vulcan got all its maintenance,new tires and the front fork wind guards installed.The one R6 got its fairings repainted,race tail installed,steering shock,new caliper and stainless lines getting ready for track days.Then I thought i would get another R6 for the street and keep the other for the track,new tires on that one but thats all it needed,then in the middle of all that I thought I don't need two R6,s so I put all the signals back on the track R6and put the seats back on and tail piece,got some carbon fiber for it,front fender,chain guard,frame inserts and back fender.Now all 3 sit in the garage,start all 3 of them up and sit back and forth between them,doing burnouts on the garage floor and making sure the clutches all work,musta put a 100 miles on them in the shop.If it clears even a little this week,the Vulcans going out....

·
Registered
440 Posts
I installed the power pro 2 weeks ago and only got to ride it twice. but rained both times against the weather mans report of no rain till 4 pm both times. he lied ..lol i need to get out and really test it.. hopefully spring comes soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts