Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been posted several hundred times but, what is the best slip on mufflers for my Voyager ? I had it up for sale and no buyers so I guess Ill keep her now, similar problem at home, well that's a another story ! I am looking for the deepest sound , not worried about performance. I believe Dennis Kirk has the best overall deal on slip ons.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I believe Dennis Kirk's are over $500! Have you tried Amazon or Ebay? You should be able to find them for about $450.

·
Registered
851 Posts
450! damn! i paid 250 for my V&H slip ons but that was 2 years ago....got em from some place in arkansas
Yeah Trey, But thats for v&h, Cobra Tri-ovel exhaust seems to run a bit higher. I have D&D slip-on exhaust and they run more than the Cobra Tri-ovel but I only gave $250 Used from another member. When it come to slip-ons I think your just paying for the name, To me they all have a better sound than stock.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah Trey, But thats for v&h, Cobra Tri-ovel exhaust seems to run a bit higher. I have D&D slip-on exhaust and they run more than the Cobra Tri-ovel but I only gave $250 Used from another member. When it come to slip-ons I think your just paying for the name, To me they all have a better sound than stock.
true, but if you are going to pay 500+ might as well get true duals or get a local custom shop to build you a custom set (my opinion)

·
Registered
851 Posts
true, but if you are going to pay 500+ might as well get true duals or get a local custom shop to build you a custom set (my opinion)
I couldn't agree with you more! I think the Freedom performance Exhaust stand out more than any pipes for looks and sound. But that true duel for you and the FPE exhaust sounds awesome. The 2 into 1 exhaust is a great exhaust but still don't think they match the FPE.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more! I think the Freedom performance Exhaust stand out more than any pipes for looks and sound. But that true duel for you and the FPE exhaust sounds awesome. The 2 into 1 exhaust is a great exhaust but still don't think they match the FPE.
LOL You still want My pipes don't you.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like the idea of true duals too but would like to hear them in person before buying them as I leave at 6:15 every morning and sometimes don't get in till after midnight.
Here's a link for the FPE! The link states that there for a 2011-12 but I believe these are the same pipes that Shepsvoyager ordered for his 09 Voyager. These will fit the Voyager and Vaquero so why spend $500 on slip-ons like E80 said when you can have the real deal true duels for a $150 more. I've rode with Mike (Shepsvoyager) so I got to hear them first hand and IMO there isn't a better sounding exhaust for our bikes out there. A video doesn't do these pipes any justice, they have a nice deep rumble that will put a thumping in your chest but at cruising speed they mellow out with a nice sound. I've looked all over the net and this is the cheapest you will fine these pipes.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Here's a link for the FPE! The link states that there for a 2011-12 but I believe these are the same pipes that Shepsvoyager ordered for his 09 Voyager. These will fit the Voyager and Vaquero so why spend $500 on slip-ons like E80 said when you can have the real deal true duels for a $150 more. I've rode with Mike (Shepsvoyager) so I got to hear them first hand and IMO there isn't a better sounding exhaust for our bikes out there. A video doesn't do these pipes any justice, they have a nice deep rumble that will put a thumping in your chest but at cruising speed they mellow out with a nice sound. I've looked all over the net and this is the cheapest you will fine these pipes.

http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Performance-Racing-Exhaust-System/dp/B0085Y0S0A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1#productDetails
Exactly right Rod. This is where I bought Mine at 669$ And yes that is the model number. The picture it a stratoliner I believe , but, the pipes are for Our bikes. Did You order your Black set yet. I am tired Of having to guard Mine. LOL

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I like the idea of true duals too but would like to hear them in person before buying them as I leave at 6:15 every morning and sometimes don't get in till after midnight.
Tinker, Added My thread for You to check out. I have Videos posted and Links also. When You get to Youtube, You can see all My videos with the pipes. I think You could maybe still sneak in and out with these pipes. Even if You can't the Neighbors would think, that is a sweet sounding bike. LOL.http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53490

·
Registered
851 Posts
Exactly right Rod. This is where I bought Mine at 669$ And yes that is the model number. The picture it a stratoliner I believe , but, the pipes are for Our bikes. Did You order your Black set yet. I am tired Of having to guard Mine. LOL
Lmao! You don't have to guard your pipes anymore Mike as long as you PM me your credit card info so I can get them ordered, By the way I might also order a tornado breather so I know where you'll always be.... In my rear view mirror!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Most True Duals sound good but you do lose some low end torque. If you don't care about that, go with a True Dual. I had a set on my 2006 1600 Nomad (Cobra) and they really did sound great but I didn't like the torque loss. So for my 1700 Voyager and Nomad I went with the Cobra Tri Ovals and I like them a lot!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Sure like the sound and the performance of my Cobra Tri-Ovals, true duals will probably sound better, but don't like the loss of low end torque you usually get with them.

Roadie
2011 Vaquero 1700
Cobra Tri-Ovals, Thunder Tornado Air Kit, PCv

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well someone needs to tell Shepsvoyager that his bike is losing low end torque so the next time we ride together his Voyager won't pull away from my Vaquero from a dead stop, and bring the front wheel off the ground when he hit 2nd gear. If that what you mean by losing low end torque, than I can live with that. lol!
I had true duel Cobra speedster longs on my 900 and never suffered any loss of low end torque in fact it actually felt like I gain a little, not much but a little.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Well someone needs to tell Shepsvoyager that his bike is losing low end torque so the next time we ride together his Voyager won't pull away from my Vaquero from a dead stop, and bring the front wheel off the ground when he hit 2nd gear. If that what you mean by losing low end torque, than I can live with that. lol!
I had true duel Cobra speedster longs on my 900 and never suffered any loss of low end torque in fact it actually felt like I gain a little, not much but a little.
Rod, I get a chuckle out of this. I can live with My losses. LMAO

·
Registered
439 Posts
Slip On's

I have the Cobra Touring Slip ons with a Cobra fuel processor, Better performance and milage Sounds like a motorcycle now. And Thank you Ray I LOVE the throttle mod:dance::dance:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts