Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This Indiana weather is killing me....Snows every other day! Went out to the garge yesterday to start the Nomad and let it run for a while. After standing there for a few, i decided i was tired of te color ''Red/Beige''. Dont get me wrong....i liked the color when i bought it, just bored with it...lol. Bike only has 17000 miles. Anyway,,,before i knew it , i was stripping it down. Removed the tank,bags,fenders,side covers,fairing. Problem is.....I havent got a clue to what color to paint it.....lol. Anyway while i try to figure that part out,,,,going to do some needed maint. Change oil,coolent, wrap the wires everyone is talking abot..it is showing some wear. When i figure it out,i will post before and after pics. And while im at it...Im going dark side...tire of replacing rear tire after every oil change.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I know your pain. Up here in NE IL we're having the same weather experiences. Between bike withdrawal and cabin fever I'm going batty. Pull mine off the rack yesterday to dismantle the front forks to install a light bar. I'll work on between runs with the snow thrower. We're expecting 3-5" and maybe up to 10. I love the Red/Beige color scheme. However, I understand you're wanting a change. Lot's of forums with PICs here so you can "Shop" for ideas. Good Luck and lets not forget the before and after PICs!

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Keep us updated and post some pics. I had red bikes in the past, but last 3 bikes were blue, so it is strange for me to have a red bike now. Been thinking of going blue, but will wait until next year, as I want hard bags and fairing. So will paint everything at the same time.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
Mine was/is red. I have an extra set of tins being painted candy cobalt blue flake with orion silver flake ghost flames. Cant wait, feelin like a kid @ Christmas

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
This Indiana weather is killing me....Snows every other day! Went out to the garge yesterday to start the Nomad and let it run for a while. After standing there for a few, i decided i was tired of te color ''Red/Beige''. Dont get me wrong....i liked the color when i bought it, just bored with it...lol. Bike only has 17000 miles. Anyway,,,before i knew it , i was stripping it down. Removed the tank,bags,fenders,side covers,fairing. Problem is.....I havent got a clue to what color to paint it.....lol. Anyway while i try to figure that part out,,,,going to do some needed maint. Change oil,coolent, wrap the wires everyone is talking abot..it is showing some wear. When i figure it out,i will post before and after pics. And while im at it...Im going dark side...tire of replacing rear tire after every oil change.
Candied burnt orange is a nice color. Was out one day and saw a guy with a sport bike in his driveway and had to stop and ask him what color it looked really good. Said he just got it back from the paint shop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny you mentioned burnt orange....that was the first color that popped into my mind. A few bikes here in the small town i live in has that color...trying to come up with an original color that wont break the bank.
Going to paint supply store after while and to get some idea`s.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not original but the more I see the blue that the Vaqero uses, the more I absolutely love it. I've only ever had black bikes. Something about black and chrome makes me giddy. But if I had to do it over again, I might have gone with that blue.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Paint with the new latex paint and you can change the color every week if you want. Just peel the old color off and re shoot.

Thinking about doing the front of my lowers to help protect them from all the crap coming off the highway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts