Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I noticed a sound a while back on the Vulcan S and was wondering if it was normal or if I need to get her looked at..

The bike will make a single tick sound when it goes through 6k RPM. It does this when going up into 6k + and going down past 6k.

Never really noticed this sound and can only really hear it if I rev it at idle or really listen for it when riding. It is relativity quiet.

Please let me know. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
"Tick" sound at 6k on Vulcan S

Any keychains ? If not it sounds like predetonation or pinging. When I had my S I ran premium for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any keychains ? If not it sounds like predetonation or pinging. When I had my S I ran premium for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run 93 gas. I don't have any keychains or anything else I think would make a tick sound like that.

Only one tick? Maybe your tach is sticking at the single point and ticks when passing the 6K mark. Is it digital or mechanical?
It is a mechanical tach. I couldn't imagine it is sticking. The bike is pretty new. 5k miles on it. When I watch it go to 6k and back it doesn't seem to get held up anywhere.

The sound seems to be from the engine. Just by listening to it at-least.

I will try to upload a sound byte of it if I can record it. Not sure if a microphone will pick it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only one tick? Maybe your tach is sticking at the single point and ticks when passing the 6K mark. Is it digital or mechanical?
It does sound as if it may be something more along these lines. A mechanical issue (engine, transmission) would be ticking repeatedly at certain points. Can you pinpoint the sound? Maybe get your ear close to the instrument panel and rev it to see if it's coming from there. If not, maybe have someone try to help find where it's coming from.

Just saw your response... still, I'd try to find out where it's coming from. Just seems strange being a single ticket @6k.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts