Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that when I walk my VN900LT or spin the wheel when raised I here a "Tic Tic Tic" sound coming from the front pulley area. Has anyone notice or have the same thing?

Thanks!

Denis :confused:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sheesh, maybe it's not the noisy valves afterall....

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I've noticed it just recently, after I installed the new Scootworks front pulley...... I only hear it with the engine off and walking it backwards, down my driveway to the garage. Also hear it going forward. I assume it is only the interaction of the belt with the pulley.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kawa...that's the same times I hear it. Only when the engine is off and when walking it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've noticed that when I walk my VN900LT or spin the wheel when raised I here a "Tic Tic Tic" sound coming from the front pulley area. Has anyone notice or have the same thing?

Thanks!

Denis :confused:
I've heard it too, when I spin the rear wheel when up on my wood frame jack. I haven't been too worried about it as the bike runs fine. Should I be????????

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
After my last bout with the electrical system, I've decided to ride it until it breaks down again, and then trade it off..... I'm way past keeping a piece of equipment that I can't count on, and if the ticking is leading to something else major, than the bike is going by-by. There are too many models out there to pick from to waste any riding time with having the bike down..... So, we will see. Going to ride down to the Kaw. demo in North Carolina next week and test ride the Vaquero to see if I like it.... It's supposed to rain every day next week down in that area, so it will be a good test to see if the bike is going to crap out on me again electronically.....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know how you make out. I'm doing the same...ridding it till something happens or doesn't. So far so good. It seems however that consensus points to most of them doing it. I only notice because I usually walk my bike into my garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts