Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just bought a new Thunder MFG Tornado air kit and mounting bracket for the 900. I am wondering if anyone has some pictures of the install process or a video out there of the install. I am planning on installing this myself since the local shop wants $250 to install this beast. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Either she has big hands and hairy arms or he has a really high voice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen that video... there is a few extra things that come with that kit that does not come with the Thunder MFG kit... makes sense since I paid 200 for this kit and that kit is almost 400...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Did you get a cover for it? Everyone I know that has one of those complains about getting dirty every time they inadvertently bump against the filter.

She said "dykes".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the intake from my local bike shop... they gave me 20% off cause I ordered a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff from them... and in regards to the cover... I did buy one of the covers for when it rains out... you are supposed to clean the filters every so often so your buddy might need to clean his filter if he is getting dirty...

·
Registered
658 Posts
to the guys who have the thunder tornado, how do you like it? did you notice a change? Can you post pics? I am looking for an intake and the tornado is on the short list...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I like the looks of the intake but do not plan on changing my exhaust to where I really need to upgrade. I would still like to do the mod, but will it effect my gas mileage? I currently am getting about 48 mph on the highway and would hate to have that reduced...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts