Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I ordered the 51010 air kit for my Vulcan Vaquero directly from their website. I got a receipt via email.

After a week without further word on shipment, I sent them an email with no response. I have now tried to call them for two days in a row during business hours, but no one answers. Finally, I checked my bank statement but there has been no charge.

Anyone heard anything? I hope they are still in business.

3P

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
the person at thunder at the phone needs to go to customer service training, she's horrible at answering emails and phones

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
YEP....I am a dealer for Thunder and have had a few too many instances of emails and fone calls not returned. huge delays in shipping. They have good stuff but need a better managing system.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issues with Thunder MFG. I was waiting and no payment taken out. Finally got through and things started to happen. Although too late for a trip I wanted to try it out on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ordered a teardrop intake thru an online store that had posted usually ships in 2-3 days, waited a week and nothing happen. called the site/store and they said " oh thunder mfg, yeah it usually takes a month or so" I told the guy very nicely WTH your site says 2-3 day. long story short it took a week and half to get my refund and I was able to pick up a used roaring toyz intake.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Update on an old thread.

I think they're done. The phone number listed is not in service and I drove by there this past weekend, and it looks deserted. (but lots of these smaller shops dont have much of a storefront).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah, thats been there for a while. I have a few bucks in the pocket and wanted their tornado BAK. I'll try to swing by during biz hours and check them out. My plan B is Ivan and slip ons.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like the exact direction I want to go. I gotta give Ivan a call and see how his programming responds to downstream mods. I'm not going to be able to do everything all at once...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sounds like the exact direction I want to go. I gotta give Ivan a call and see how his programming responds to downstream mods. I'm not going to be able to do everything all at once...
I was an early adopter of the flash - when there was only one version available. It's good for every possible configuration from stock OEM, right through to pipes & open intake.

When a few (only a few) flashee's reported to Ivan they were experiencing ping under hard acceleration and confirmed they were using premium fuel and had BAK's, he tweaked his flash a little, and offered it free to anyone who wanted it as a re-flash.

Those are the only two versions of flash out there for 1700 motors. I'm entirely happy with the first version, since I don't ride the bike over hard, and the little ping I experienced early on was quickly rectified by switching to premium fuel (it's a must, whatever flash you have).

But talk to Ivan anyway... He prefers to speak to anyone considering having their ECU's flashed, but because of my time-difference & distance, we conducted long conversations by PM on another 1700 forum he's a member of, & where he announced the flash in the first place.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I added my V&H slip ons and then did the flash. I've now decided to get Chuckster's intake. Ivan did suggest that I have the ecu updated for the BAK and also said there would be no charge other than the shipping.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts