Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently installed the Thunder air kit which reuses the stock side cover. What is the purpose of the red plug that goes into the air switching valves? I connected the air switching valve back to the air cleaner using the connection for the breather and put a filter on the breather this seems to be working. (I did install the Fi2000r at the same time as the air kit). I do not have after market exhaust but have drilled out the first baffle in the stock exhaust. With these mods done I feel the bike runs better in the lower gears and and has very good roll on acceleration. I know after market pipes would really open it up but right now I do not want to do that. Would I gain a little more by installing the kit as directed. I have gained about 1mpg during all this as well.
Thanks Charlie

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I have recently installed the Thunder air kit which reuses the stock side cover. What is the purpose of the red plug that goes into the air switching valves? I connected the air switching valve back to the air cleaner using the connection for the breather and put a filter on the breather this seems to be working. (I did install the Fi2000r at the same time as the air kit). I do not have after market exhaust but have drilled out the first baffle in the stock exhaust. With these mods done I feel the bike runs better in the lower gears and and has very good roll on acceleration. I know after market pipes would really open it up but right now I do not want to do that. Would I gain a little more by installing the kit as directed. I have gained about 1mpg during all this as well.
Thanks Charlie
Well first of all, you need to put that red plug in as per instructions. It will help to stop decell popping, if you had any. It's not going to to help where you want, it just puts fresh air in exhaust for emitions controll.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts